California to Run Out of Money in Early March

From the Sacramento Bee:

California will run out of cash by early March if the state does not take swift action to find $3.3 billion through payment delays and borrowing, according to a letter state Controller John Chiang sent to state lawmakers today.

The announcement is surprising since lawmakers previously believed the state had enough cash to last through the fiscal year that ends in June.

But Chiang said additional cash management solutions are needed because state tax revenues are $2.6 billion less than what Gov. Jerry Brown and state lawmakers assumed in their optimistic budget last year. Meanwhile, Chiang said, the state is spending $2.6 billion more than state leaders planned on.

Chiang has outlined some kick the can down the road maneuvers like delaying payments to universities and Med-Cal and “borrowing from existing accounts” which sounds like paying a credit card bill with another credit card. But even that will not be enough:

With such actions, Chiang believes the state would not have to use IOUs or delay tax refunds, maneuvers that have been relied upon in previous years. But Chiang also said that “more cash solutions may be required if our revenues continue to erode or if disbursements significantly exceed estimates.”

California borrows money early each fiscal year because the state has regular monthly expenses but receives the bulk of its tax revenues in the spring. The state borrowed $5.4 billion last fall for this purpose.

Assemblyman Bob Blumenfield, D-Woodland Hills, downplayed the significance of the new borrowing in a hearing. He said $5.4 billion was small relative to the $10 billion state leaders were prepared to borrow last year.

Some Republicans raised questions about when the borrowing from state accounts from would be paid back and why the state is spending more than expected.

Gee, I wonder.

The point is that California is circling the drain and the government there is doing everything they can to slow the decent but there’s nothing they can do to stop the ultimate collapse. You Californians need to get prepared for the day the locals give IOUS to the millions on welfare there. That will look something like this:

That was rioting over the Rodney King verdict. Imagine when California tells people who are getting benefits that they are going to have to wait a few weeks for their food stamps and other benefits.

It’s The Real World: Child Sex Abuse Arrests Up 10%

Originally Posted on PACA by DodiaFae on May 20, 2009

Warning: The following video contains graphic descriptions of child/infant rape.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkB26nBztyo&w=420&h=315]

***Project Safe Childhood was introduced to the public in 2006 to combat the increase of sexual predators using the Internet to entice and sexually exploit our children. ***

I wanted to include the above video in this discussion on the rise in child sexual abuse arrests. It was originally posted under the discussion header “Not Fearmongering – It’s the REAL WORLD”, which I find to be very fitting. But even more so now that we see that arrests are up 10%.

I had previously posted an article explaining measures being taken in Europe to tackle the surge in online abuse, and how not all networking sites are on board with the idea. I’d love to see something like the “online emergency button” implemented here in the US and Canada.

From a BBC News Article:

The number of suspected UK child sex offenders arrested over the past year has risen by 10% to 334, the body set up to tackle abuse has said.


The Child Exploitation and Online Protection unit said it had helped protect 139 children and disrupted 82 paedophile networks over the 12 months.


The arrests, in the UK and abroad, were for offences ranging from possession of indecent images to rape. But Ceop warned that the tactics being used by paedophiles were evolving.

 

Chief executive Jim Gamble said it was “easy to be alarmist” and suggest “technology is opening doors for offenders to abuse children quicker than we can close them”.

Notice that last bolded section… It’s what those of us who have been fighting online predators have been saying for some time now.

The article goes on to say:

But he said: “This is not about technology – this is about people. There is no distinction between the online and offline worlds.”


“This is about the behaviour of offenders manipulating any environment to abuse children.


“Child protection is everybody’s business and we should afford our children the same protection online that we would give them in the park or playground.”

We’ve also been saying this for some time, with one exception… online, the predator can more easily convince a child that they’re something they are not. No child is going to believe a 46 year old man who is trying to convince them that they’re a 12 year old boy if they can actually *see* them. But online, everyone is anonymous. Anyone can be a 13 year old boy, or a 12 year old girl… or both.

But Gamble is absolutely right in that children need just as much protection online as in the real world. He’s right that predators will do anything they can, manipulate anyone or any environment they need to in order to prey upon children. He’s also right in that protecting children is everyone’s responsibility.

A Ceop spokesman said while this was mainly done through instant messaging, there was a “fast-growing trend” of grooming through integrated social networking sites.


Offenders were also using more peer-to-peer networks and newsgroups rather than commercial pay-per-view sites, the report said.


It warned that mobile internet access was “placing new and additional responsibilities on parents”.

This is something we’ve been seeing a lot of. We’ve seen it on Ning, on YouTube, and many other networks. In the last two weeks alone, I’ve reported 8 Ning sites to NCMEC for containing child pornography… some of it the most graphic I’ve ever seen. (I should note here that Ning, for the most part, has been very responsive when I’ve reported these sites to them, as well.)

One last note, that may make anyone reading this feel a little more hopeful:

Mr Gamble said its work with colleagues overseas was “shrinking the world for the offender”.

Guess I Was Right to Stock Up – Double Digit Inflation Ignored by Media

Via CNS News we have some inflation numbers that the government has left out of their bogus CPI and the media studiously ignored. But the rest of us don’t have that luxury:

(CNSNews.com) – So far, during the presidency of Barack Obama, the price of a gallon of gasoline has jumped 83 percent, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

During the same period, the price of ground beef has gone up 24 percent and price of bacon has gone up 22 percent.

[…]

The U.S. city average retail price for one pound of 100 percent ground beef was $2.36 in January 2009. As of December 2011, that price had risen to $2.92—a 23.7 percent increase and a new peak.   (Ground beef prices have risen every month since November 2009 – 26 months of price increases.)

Whole wheat bread prices from January 2009 to December 2011 increased about five percent (5.02 percent) from $1.97 to $2.07. (The inflation rate in December 2011 was 3.0 percent.)

[…]

Other refrigerated items like ice cream and bacon have increased by substantial amounts.

Ice cream prices, for a half-gallon, were $4.44 in January 2009 and $5.25 in December 2011, an increase of 19.1 percent.

One pound of sliced bacon in January 2009 was $3.73 and in December 2011 had climbed  $4.55, an increase of 22 percent. The price hit a high in September 2011 at $4.82 per pound.

Whole milk prices averaged above three dollars 33 out of the 36 months since Obama took office. In January 2009, the price for one gallon of whole milk was $3.58; but by December 2011, milk prices had slightly declined less than one percent (0.28 percent) to $3.57 per gallon.

The average retail price of Grade A eggs per dozen from January 2009 to December 2011 increased by less than two percent (1.30 percent) from $1.85 to $1.87.

Inflation is a stealth tax and right now it’s being caused by leftist loose money policy. How long can you afford to ignore these costs?

People laughed at me when I launched a survival blog and Hunter-Trader-Trapper with the message of becoming more self-reliant, especially when it comes to food. Who’s laughing now?

OWS Steals House from Struggling Single Father with Charles Barron’s Help

When people say Occupy Wall Street are lazy, hateful animals they are understating how vile these bored rich kids are. These scumbag communists – almost all of whom are rich kids who are being subsidized by their permissive parents – have stolen the house from a struggling single father and “given” it to a homeless family. The man was going through a foreclosure (but he still owns the house) and asked why if they wanted to fight the banks they didn’t help him. They told him told him he was too rich and to go fuck himself. Then they destroyed all his personal possessions he still had in the house.

That’s really sticking it to the 1%:

hey’re occupying his home.

Occupy Wall Street protesters announced with great fanfare last month that they moved a homeless family into a “foreclosed” Brooklyn home — even though they knew the house belonged to a struggling single father desperately trying to renegotiate his mortgage, The Post has learned.

“They’re trying to take a house and say the bank is robbing the people because the mortgage is too high — so contact the owner!” fumed Wise Ahadzi, 28, who owns the home at 702 Vermont St. in East New York.

Occupiers “reclaimed” the row house on Dec. 6 and ceremoniously put out the welcome mat for a homeless family.

But Bank of America, which has been in and out of foreclosure proceedings against Ahadzi since 2009, confirmed to The Post that he is still the rightful owner.

Meanwhile, the family that OWS claimed to be putting into the vacant house has not yet permanently moved in. And it turns out the family is not a random victim of the foreclosure crisis, but cast for the part, thanks to their connection to the OWS movement.

OWS last week said it has spent $9,500 breaking into the house and setting it up for the homeless Carrasquillo family. A photo of the smiling family covers a window, under the slogan, “A place to call home.”

The head of the family, Alfredo Carrasquillo, 28, is an organizer for VOCAL- NY, a group that works with OWS. His Facebook page shows him in a “99 Percent” T-shirt at an OWS protest in November.

The Post visited the Vermont Street home last week — six weeks after OWS announced that the Carrasquillos were moving in — and the family was nowhere to be found.

In fact, the only people occupying the house were occupiers themselves.

“They only stay here sometimes,” a protester named Charlie said of the Carrasquillos. “There’s not enough room for the kids.”

The occupier refused to say how many others were inside, but at least two more protesters could be seen at the house, along with mattresses on the floor, during The Post visit.

“We’re almost done with the basement,” he said of the renovations.

The real property owner is livid because he could be raising his two little girls, Imani, 3, and Kwazha, 10, in the two-story home instead of in a meager, two-bedroom rental in Brownsville while he tries to sort out his mortgage nightmare.

Police notified him in early December that the vigilante vagrants moved into his East New York digs, he said. He immediately ran over to the house to see for himself.

“Oh, don’t call the police!” an occupier begged him.

OWS leaders and Brooklyn Councilman Charles Barron, an OWS supporter, met with Ahadzi before the press conference to discuss the future of his property, he said. Ahadzi hoped that the group would help him regain his footing.

“Why can’t you fight for me?” he asked them.

“They told me I don’t qualify,” he said. “So my lawyer asked what the qualifications are. [They said] I have to be with an organization and they’ll deal with the bank and you have to be homeless.

“They said they couldn’t help me,” he added.

They did help themselves to his property however. Interesting how the people who benefit from the “largess” of these Marxists are friends of theirs and people they owe political favors to.They’re almost like real communists.

Is anyone surprised to see anti-American son of a bitch Charles Barron involved?

Anyway this is why I moved out of the hell hole of NYC and into the sweet embrace of a Castle Doctrine state like South Carolina. If OWS tried to pull that on me down here the only discussion we’d be having was where they wanted their galena pills.

This little scam is apparently going on all over the country and as blogger Ferfal points out, pattern on Latin American communist land grabs of recent years. There’s a house grab being set up by a Chicago Lutheran Minster named Tom Gaulke. So be prepared.

By the way, VOCAL NY is a hug-a-thug organization that seeks to build a political party out of criminals and drug addicts. They make plenty of money “organizing” so why is one of their organizers homeless?