Cartel Hitmen Greenlighted to Hit U.S. Targets

Uh-oh. So far the worst of the Cartel drug war has been contained in Mexico, with what is relatively minor spillover into the border states. Now the there’s credible intelligence that the drug lords will be sending assassins into the U.S. to hit 10-15 victims according to El Paso police:

EL PASO, Texas — Security is being heightened along the southern U.S. border because of a threat that warring Mexican cartels may send hit men into the United States, authorities said Monday.

Law enforcement officials would not discuss specific security measures being taken at the ports of entry, along the border or in the city of El Paso, Texas.

“We received credible information that drug cartels in Mexico have given permission to hit targets on the U.S. side of the border,” El Paso police spokesman Officer Chris Mears said.

Authorities learned of the threat last week.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection Chief Officer Rick Lopez said: “CBP is on heightened alert ever since we became aware of the threats in Mexico.”

U.S. Border Patrol spokesman Doug Mosier said officials “are reinforcing the importance of vigilance.”

Drug cartel violence has claimed thousands of lives in Mexico this year. Nearly 800 people have been killed in Ciudad Juarez, a hardscrabble city of about 1.3 million people across the Rio Grande from El Paso.

The cartels, battling one another and the Mexican government for supremacy and control of lucrative drug and human smuggling routes, have become brazen in their attacks in recent months.

In Juarez this month, masked gunmen stormed a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center and killed eight people. Days later, Red Cross workers stopped treating gunshot victims for several hours after receiving death threats over Red Cross radios. The Red Cross had already stopped responding to emergency calls after 10 p.m. because of security concerns.

Law enforcement officials this year in New Mexico and Texas said they had received a purported cartel hit list identifying 15 to 20 potential targets in those states. Mears said the latest threat contained no specific targets.

The Cartels have proven to have the ability to corrupt entire military units and supply their private armies with military grade training and weaponry. If they have decided that they can safely operate on American soil with impunity then border town streets will run red with blood.

1 Dead, Dozens Sick in Possible E.Coli Outbreak

from Fox:

TULSA, Okla. —  State health officials say one person is dead and dozens of others are sick with an illness that may be related to E. coli bacteria.

State Health Department spokeswoman Leslea Bennett-Webb says at least 10 people were taken to a Tulsa hospital after eating at a restaurant in Locust Grove.

A spokeswoman at St. Francis Hospital confirms one person has died. That person’s name hasn’t been released.

Bennett-Webb says 12 to 20 other people in Beggs, Pryor and Bixby were treated at various other hospitals. She says there have been discussions the illnesses are related to E. coli but it hasn’t been confirmed.

She says the illnesses are a very severe and bloody form of diarrhea.

h/t N.T.A.

Another Possible Terrorist Attack You’ve Never Heard Of

Buried because of the spectacle of Denver this story kind of slipped by me and I think a lot of other people. From King5.com:

EAR CENTRALIA, Wash. – Police are calling a homemade explosive device built out of a five-gallon propane tank in rural Lewis County a possible act of domestic terrorism.

The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office says an employee for Transalta Power Plant found the propane tank with green and yellow wires coming out of it along a set of access tracks leading to the plant five miles northeast of Centralia.

The employee picked it up, put it on his flat bed truck and drove it back to his supervisor who then called 911.

There’s a video report on the site so check it out. What’s interesting is that this incident is considered possible terrorism but the Dirie case, as well a the Long Island Predator Drone case are not. If the bomb had of blown, so close to where coal is stored, we could have had a disaster on our hands.

h/t N.T.A.

Is There a Cover-Up in Saleman Abdirahman Dirie’s Death?

Some reporters seem to think so. Judi McLeod from the Canadian Free Press wrote this piece about the convention in Denver which states that only one lonely local talk radio host has been keeping the story on the front burner:

Nobody’s talking about the Canadian immigrant found dead in a Denver hotel room with a pound of cyanide just blocks away from the site two weeks ago today.
Just ask 630 KHOW Denver talk show host Peter Boyles, who’s been the only one trying to keep the story on the front burner.

“It’s been pushed away. The story went to ground,” Boyles, an award-winning Best Investigative Radio Talk Show Host said on his morning show last Tuesday.
A local police lieutenant had told him that Saleman Abdirahman Dirie, found dead last Monday in Room 408 at the Burnsley Hotel had been “up to no good”.

With the strange silence surrounding the Burnsley Hotel event, Boyles had to rely on reading interviews of Dirie’s sister in the Ottawa Citizen to his listeners.
But like Denver’s homeless, the circumstances of Dirie’s death, have been swept under the rug, making way for Thursday’s crowning.

The FBI’s claim that Dirie had no link to terrorism, taught Boyles a lesson in what he calls “federal speak”.

“In federal speak, that means they have no record of him. He’s a ghost.”

Like I said before, the authorities are trying keep bad reports out of the news rather than serve the public.

Denver: City of Lies

Hosting the Democratic National Convention puts pressure on any city to ensure that there are no major incidents to mar event. I believe the pressure may be too much for authorities in Denver as their explanations of several recent incidents not only seem overly convenient but rely on the most childlike credulousness on the part of Americans watching the news.

The first of course was the contention of officials that Saleman Abdirahman Dirie, the Somali immigrant to Canada found dead with a pound of cyanide in an expensive hotel room, committed suicide. Today news came out that even Dirie’s family, who have no motive to keep their relative’s name in the news, are disputing the suicide thesis:

OTTAWA – A spokesman for the family of the Ottawa man who died of cyanide poisoning in a Denver hotel room is disputing autopsy findings that the man committed suicide.

“We believe the ruling (is) absolutely nonsensical,” said Omar Jamal, executive director of the U.S.-based Somali Justice Advocacy Center.

Saleman Abdirahman Dirie, 29, was found dead in room 408 of the Burnsley Hotel on Aug. 11 near a jar of sodium cyanide, the crystallized form of the fast-acting poison.

[…]

Denver police have since rejected any suggestions Dirie’s death is terrorism-related, calling it an isolated incident. It remains unclear where Dirie obtained the chemical, how much he ingested and how much he possessed.

“We’re done with the investigation now that we’ve got the coroner’s results,” said Det. Sharon Hahn.

But Jamal said his organization is filing a complaint with the Colorado Board of Medical Examiners on behalf of Dirie’s family, and he is looking into ways to appeal the coroner’s findings.

“We feel that there is insufficient evidence to arrive at the conclusion that he was suicidal,” Jamal said.

He said neither the autopsy report nor the police’s investigation explains why Dirie traveled to Denver in the first place.

“If the intention of Mr. Dirie was to commit suicide, he could have done it in Canada,” he said, adding that there are several other questions that remain unanswered, including what the hotel’s surveillance cameras show, whether Dirie had any visitors, whether he had any luggage, where he obtained the cyanide and how he paid for the room.

Indeed. Hotel surveillance cameras have yet to be mentioned by authorities and no one has talked about how he afforded the room in the first place. Denver authorities expect us to believe that a person traveled from Ottowa to Denver to kill themselves? That he somehow purchased a pound of cyanide just to drink a cupful? It strains believability.

Then of course we get the good news that the white powder filled envelope sent to Denver’s McCain headquarters was sent by inmate Marc Harold Ramsey who is described as a prolific writer of threatening letters:

Within hours of the 3 p.m. scare at the Centennial campaign office of Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain of Arizona, authorities announced that the powder was phony and that the writer appeared to be Marc Harold Ramsey.

The 39-year-old has been in jail since September, unable to post the $350,000 bond on charges of felony charges of menacing, harassment and assault on a peace officer, according to the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office.

“He is a prolific writer of threatening letters,” said U.S. Secret Service Agent Malcolm Wiley.

The inmate’s words led at least five McCain staffers in Centennial to rush themselves to the hospital.

Twelve others were evaluated after their office near South Peoria Street and East Arapahoe Road was swarmed and quarantined by local, state and federal authorities.

[…]

Minutes after news of the scare in Centennial spread, a McCain campaign worker in Manchester, N.H., noticed an envelope addressed to McCain, handwritten with a return address of Denver.

The office was evacuated, but the letter was later found to have no powder or threat.

The Manchester letter appeared to be unrelated to the Colorado case, investigators in New Hampshire said.

That was mighty fast police work for people who can’t explain why a Somali turned up in their city to poison himself. Thank goodness a man in jail for writing threatening letters signed the letters with his name and that it was mere coincidence that a letter from Denver arrived in New Hampshire the same day.

I don’t know what Ramsey’s story is, but if he’s in jail for writing threatening letters how did he get a letter mailed to McCain’s office containing an unidentified, yet harmless, white powder? Where I’m from people’s letters are checked in the joint before they go out, especially if they have a history of threatening people. But everything is O.K. man, it’s all under control.

And about all those news reports of the homeless being hidden by authorities for the convention? That’s a myth, baby. Denver wouldn’t do something like that would it?

Update: It’s being reported that Ramsey is a “terrorist sympathizer” but he is a Muslim convert who goes by the name Akeem Ramsel El. Here’s a copy of the letter he sent to McCain courtesy of Denver’s ABC 7:

Senator McCain,

IF you are reading this then you are already Dead!
Unless of course you can’t or don’t breathe.
There are numerous substances which are deadly for humans to inhale.
There are just as many time periods for signs of illness to show, by which time it’s to late.
Who expects to develop cancer 40 years after Vietnam?
Only those that knew the risk and side effects of Agent Orange.
DoD, DOW, Diamond Shamrock, U.S. Surgeon General
You’re out of time.
Allahu Akbar

Akeem Ramsel El

Religion of peace indeed. I’m still curious as to why this person was allowed to send a letter to McCain’s office at all? Severe negligence on the prison systems part or something else?